Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UpToDate is an online, evidence-based point-of-care support tool with topic reviews covering medical symptoms, tests and diagnosis, and treatment options for over 8,500 conditions. Remote access to UpToDate is available for current University of Rochester and Highland Hospital employees and students only. Remote access is not available for volunteer faculty, visitors or guests.
Miner Library subscribes to UpToDate Anywhere.
An UpToDate account is not necessary to seach the database but Registering for an UpToDate account allows users:
- Remote access "Mobile Web" from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Mobile App access on up to two mobile devices.
- CME/CE/CPD credits when researching a clinical question using UpToDate onsite or remotely — including on your mobile device.
Set up an UpToDate Account
- Go to UpToDate from a computer connected to the URMC network.
- Select "Register" from the top right corner
- Complete the registration form using your URMC e-mail.
- Click Send Verification Code. A code will be sent to the email you entered in the form.
- Enter the code you received in your email into the box at the bottom of the registration form. You will have 10 minutes to retrieve the code, enter it, and click Submit Verification Code.
- Upon completion of the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email from UpToDate with instructions on downloading the Mobile App.
Download the UpToDate App
Once registered, you can install the UpToDate Mobile App on up to two devices.
- Search for “UpToDate” in your app store.
- UTD iTunes
- Open the UpToDate Mobile App and log in with your UpToDate user name and password. You only need to do this once — the app remembers your user name and password.
Web — Nothing to install
Simply open the browser and go to UpToDate and click Log in with your UTD account username & password from the upper right corner.
To maintain uninterrupted access to UpToDate you will need to log in to UpToDate from a computer tied to the URMC network confirm your affiliation every 90 days.