- December 12, 2014: Dr. Haiyuan Yu will present a Cancer Center Colloquium seminar entitled, "Understanding molecular mechanisms of human disease mutation through 3D protein networks" at 2 PM in K-307 Auditorium. Dr. Yu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biological Statistics and Computational Biology and the Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Dr. Yu's visit is co-sponsored by the Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology.
- December 15, 2014: The Center for Integrated Research Computing (CIRC) will be hosting a “Hands-On Workshop for Oracle R Enterprise (ORE), Advanced Analytics and Predictive Analytics” presented by Dr. Rick Maguire, Academic Medical Center & Research Specialist for Oracle Higher Education and Research on Monday, from 9 am - 3 pm, in the Teaching and Learning Lab in the Medical Center (URMC 2-8513). For more information or to register, please visit the registration page on the CIRC website.
- December 19, 2014: The monthly Center for Integrated Research Computing (CIRC) Symposium will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in URMC 2-6408 (K-207 Auditorium). This month’s featured speaker is Dongmei Li from the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). She will present an evaluation of statistical methods for analyzing differential DNA methylation microarray data. The on-going research talk will feature highlights from a novel acoustic imaging technique, known as computational ultrasound imaging, as presented by Roland Cheng from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Pizza and soda will be served during the event.
- December 24-26, December 31-January 1: BCES will be closed. Happy Holidays!
- January 5-9, 2015: Biostats Boot Camp (IND418) series will be held from 10 AM to 12 PM daily in the Nesbit Computer Room (G-7545). The Jan 5-9 session is for students only, who should register for this Boot Camp as a class in the Course Description/Course Schedule system. A second offering of this course will run from January 26-30 and is open to all members of the Medical Center community. Those interested in participating must register on the Classes@Miner page.
Bioinformatics Resources at URMC
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box LIBR
Rochester, NY 14642
Phone: (585) 275-6940