Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Molecular Biology and Genomics Tools and Resources
National Center for Biotechnology Information
Vast databases of information on genes, proteins, interactions, genomes and more.
- Gene database for information on a gene-by-gene basis
- Genome database contains sequence and map data from the whole genomes of over 1000 organisms
- BLAST finds regions of local similarity between biological sequences
- Bioproject contains a collection of genomics, functional genomics, and genetics studies and links to their resulting datasets
- dbGaP holds the description and results of studies which investigate the interaction of genotype and phenotype
- Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) hosts datasets from published high-throughput expression analysis projects over the last 10 years
"...a community-driven project to provide unified access to distributed research data to facilitate the scientific discovery process".
"Multiple alignment of nucleic acid and protein sequences"
"...a unique bioinformatics and cheminformatics resource that combines detailed drug... data with comprehensive drug target... information".
"A Database of Drosophila Genes and Genomes"
"The microRNA database"
Mouse Genome Informatics
"...the international database resource for the laboratory mouse, providing integrated genetic, genomic, and biological data to facilitate the study of human health and disease".
Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man
"An Online Catalog of Human Genes and Genetic Disorders"
"The non-coding sequence database"
Structural Biology Knowledgebase
"...provides the latest research data, resources, and highlights from structural biology and the Protein Structure Initiative".
"Facilitating insights into nematode biology"
Self-Paced Coding Courses
"Learn to code interactively, for free."
- includes courses on Unix-based command line programming and learning to code in Python
"Learn to code by doing".
- has learning paths on Python and databases (SQL), as well as an elective on R.
"Learn R in R"
- only covers the R programming environment
Free LINUX Online Training
From the LINUX Foundation
"Learn R, Python or Data Visualization".
A Little More About LINUX...
JMP Statistical Software
Please follow these links for more information about JMP licensing, including discounted pricing through a joint effort of Miner Library and the University IT Tech Store. For support using JMP, please contact Miner Bioinformatics.
Statistics Tools and Resources