Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
iPad Information and Support
iPad Support: Here's how you can get help
Troubleshooting Your iPad
Here are some things to try:
1. Quit apps running in the background.
2. Power off your iPad, wait a few seconds and turn it back on.
3. Do a hard reset by holding hold down the home button and the power button at the same time until the iPad powers off. Your iPad will restart on it's own.
4. Lack of space may be the issue. Checkout these tips on Saving Space on your iPad.
Tips and Hints
The iPad can be navigated in many different ways. If you have never used an iPad, or have minimal experience, check out LifeWire.com's iPad 101 Guide.
Here are some basic navigation gestures:
- 5-finger pinch to close an app (this does not “quit” an app, it’s still running in the background).
- Quit an app – double click the Home button, swipe apps up and off the screen.
- Screenshot – simultaneously press and release the Home button and the Power button.
- Control Center – access by swiping up from the bottom edge of the iPad. Tap the screen or swipe the Control Center down to take it off the screen. Control Center allows quick access to various iPad features.
- Search the iPad (aka Spotlight Search) – on the home screen, swipe one or more fingers from mid screen to access the search box. If you swipe too high on the screen, the Notification Center will appear rather than the search box.
- Add a shortcut to a website (also called a website icon) on your home screen: With a website open, tap the share icon (upper right of screen, resembles a square with an upward pointing arrow) and then tap on the Add to Home Screen from the bottom row choices. You might have to scroll to find it.
Apps and Mobile Resources
Medical Student Calendars
-Medical Student Managed Activities Calendar