Authors can waive the APCs for OA articles in certain journals, our agreement covers manuscripts with a UR-affiliated corresponding author.
- Journals: Genes & Development, Genome Research, Learning & Memory, RNA, and CSH Molecular Case Studies. Articles in CSH Protocols, CSH Perspectives in Biology, and CSH Perspectives in Medicine are commissioned by the editors and do not accept submissions.
- Types of articles eligible for OA: Fully peer-reviewed research, review, and case-study articles, accepted for publication. Editorials, comments, protocols, methods, and similar materials are not eligible.
- Criteria for participation: UR-affiliated corresponding author.
- Description: University-wide agreement with unlimited publications.
- There is no change in submission procedures to CSHLP. See the “Author Info” link at each journal homepage (click on any eligible title above). If your article is accepted for publication, you will then be informed of your Open Access publishing options.
- For all article types accepted for publication during the term of the agreement for which authors have the option to pay a fee for OA publication, and where the corresponding author is an authorized user, CSHLP will offer the corresponding author the option to publish and distribute the article "version of record" as an OA publication with a CC-BY or CC-BY-NC Version 4.0 license, with the author retaining copyright.
- We advise authors to check any funder or institutional mandates, for example, research-funded authors may have to choose CC-BY (Creative Commons Attribution License).
- For articles accepted during the term of the agreement where the corresponding author has accepted the OA option, there will be no further article, publication, or open access charges assessed to the author or the library.
- Authors who choose not to publish articles as OA must pay an article processing charge of $1500, not covered by the library.
- Manuscript acceptance date must be from 1/1/2023 - 12/31/2024.