Skip to Main Content
University of Michigan Press
- Publisher website: https://www.publishing.umich.edu/features/fund-to-mission
- Criteria for participation: University of Michigan Press accepted manuscript.
- Description: Fund to Mission model: Collective action model built to support the open access publication of up to 75% of digital scholarly books from the University of Michigan Press --monographs and edited volumes (frontlist: ~80 books/year)-- without book processing charges. Participant libraries and consortia also receive perpetual access to the remaining restricted frontlist and term access to the backlist (~2,000 titles). UR participating package includes perpetual access to the University of Michigan Press backlist (2012-2022).
- Guidance for authors: For authors and prospective authors
- Period: 3 years, active; monographs and edited scholarly works are eligible for OA publishing as the model reaches the financial target for the year: 2021 - 20% frontlist published OA (achieved); 2022 - 50% frontlist published OA (achieved); 2023 - 75% frontlist published OA (targeted).