Comprehensive Drug Information
Lexicomp is URMC's drug database. As a point-of-care resource, users can access evidence-based content quickly via desktop or mobile device.
Lexicomp is a collection of content sets and clinical tools that provides users with robust clinical drug information.
- INTERACTIONS Analyze a patient’s entire drug and natural product profile, identify potential interactions, and obtain patient management options.
- DRUG ID - Identify loose or unlabeled medications by searching based on imprint(s), dosage form, color(s), and/or shape. Database includes images of more than 22,000 drug products.
- CALCULATORS - Access more than 130 medical calculators designed to assist you with drug dosing, conversions, drip rate, organ function and more in both adult and pediatric patients.
- TRISSEL’S IV COMPATIBILITY -Determine the compatibility and stability of IV drugs in a wide variety of solutions and combinations with this tool that incorporates content from Trissel’s™ 2 Clinical Pharmaceutics Database by Lawrence A. Trissel.
- Complete list of content sets and databases inlcuded in Lexicomp.
App Download Directions
Lexicomp is a comprehensive clinical drug information provided as part of the University of Rochester's Institutional subscription.
- Go to Lexicomp and click on the blue button labeled Mobile Access Codes.
- Select platform: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad or Android.
- If you already have a Lexicomp personal account or app installed, choose existing customer.
If you have not created an account, choose new customer.
- Now login to your Lexicomp account with the username & password you just created.
- In the Subscriptions section, Add a Subscription by Code, type or paste the Lexicomp authorization code.
- On your mobile device, go to app store, download Lexicomp and login with your Lexicomp login/password.
- License agreement pops up. Accept.
- Select Automatic Update preference: WiFi only or Wifi and Data; Tap Next.
- Select your Library content preference: I will select the content sets to install; or Download ALL content sets for me; Tap Get Started.
- Select content sets or tap Download ALL.
- After the update is complete, tap the Menu button in the top right corner and tap Home.
- Select an icon to begin accessing your Lexicomp Mobile App subscription.